Student Responsibilities, Code of Conduct and Discipline/ Comportement des élèves et Discipline
The School Act states that a student shall conduct themselves so as to meet the following code of conduct:
● Respect the rights of others
● Be courteous and respectful
● Be diligent (work hard) in pursuing his or her studies
● Refrain from disrupting others in their learning
● Comply with the rules of the school Student discipline is the joint responsibility of the school and home. Positive and proactive communication and cooperation between home and school is essential in correcting inappropriate behaviours.
Parental support for discipline issues enables the school to maintain a positive environment for learning. École Queen Elizabeth School’s philosophy on discipline is based on a positive, proactive approach that encourages and promotes appropriate student behaviour.
In addition to the code of conduct in the School Act and WRPS Administrative procedures, at École Queen Elizabeth School, we stress respect for others and for the rights of others, particularly the right to attend a school and classroom environment that facilitates learning.
École Queen Elizabeth School provides an orderly environment that is conducive to learning based upon the principles of citizenship: student involvement and participation, personal responsibility, respect, honesty, compassion, and courage.
Students who, by their inappropriate or insubordinate behaviour, disrupt the learning environment will be subject to classroom disciplinary procedures, including, but not limited to: the withdrawal of privileges, missing classroom/school activities and suspension.