Kindergarten - 8
Queen Elizabeth School is a Kindergarten to Grade 8 school located in downtown Wetaskiwin that beginning in fall 2021, will also offer Early Education (Pre-Kindergarten) programming. At QES as part of our vibrant and collaborative learning community, our caring and engaged staff provide strong, responsive, student centered developmentally appropriate social-emotional and academic learning opportunities to all students in all grades.
Our school community has an approximate enrollment of nearly 150 students and 20 staff who support student social-emotional and academic growth, and make extra effort to regularly connect with families to share moments of success and areas for growth. Parent volunteers support the school through the School Council in providing playground equipment, additional literacy resources and classroom library books and supporting both "in-school" and traditional field trips.
At Queen Elizabeth School, we are a community that sustains a culture that maximizes learning, skill development and resilience in a safe and caring environment. We support each other, learn from each other and connect with each other in responsive and respectful ways. In our school, students achieve because:
- They feel included and appreciated by their peers and adults in the school
- They are respected for their different cultures, dreams, interests and abilities
- They are active participants in their own learning
- They have positive expectations from their peers and adults in the school that they will succeed
Many special events and learning activities happen throughout the school year. Students in grades 1-4 participate in swimming lessons and cross country running, while students in grades 5-8 have the opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular cross country, volleyball, basketball, badminton and track and field team activities and take part in an after school ski trip. Students in grade 1-8 also engage in “in-school” field trips that support learning in social studies and science.
Mr. Chris Kirwan
Principal: Mr. Chris Kirwan
Vice-Principal: Mrs. Brittany Ouellette
"Preparing students today for the world tomorrow."
An inclusive learning community fostering skills for the future
Queen Elizabeth School provides quality educational opportunities that promote growth for all.
Programs and Services
Queen Elizabeth School offers the following programs in our community:
- Early Education (Pre-Kindergarten) beginning in September, 2021
- Grades 1-8
- Queen Elizabeth School also offers complementary courses to students in grades 7 and 8 for two afternoons per week, as well as to students in grade 7 and 8 who attend Norwood, Parkdale, Gwynne, and Centennial schools.
More information about our programs can be found o our Programs page.